Okay. Let me level-set with you. I legitimately have dreams about this bacon, egg and cheese. It's beyond words and better than any I've tasted before.
It was inspired by a brunch restaurant on Long Island. I took one bite this past summer and was hooked. My face immediately lit up, and I didn't speak one word until I was finished devouring it. My boyfriend can attest to that.
What takes this b.e.c. to the next level is the choice of cheese (sharp cheddar), BROWN SUGAR bacon, and dijon mayonnaise.
The past few years, I've been a fan of dipping my bacon in maple syrup (don't knock it 'til ya try it), so brown sugar bacon is a natural next step to that. And dang, is it addicting.
I could rave about this sandwich for days, but please, do us all a favor and try it for yourself!
Best Ever Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich
- 3 buns of your choice I like brioche or potato
- 1 large tomato
- 3 slices sharp cheddar
Brown Sugar Bacon:
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 strips bacon
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- pinch of salt + pepper
- ½ cup mayo
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt + pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400℉
- For the bacon, cover both sides of the six strips in the ¼ cup of brown sugar. Place on an oven-safe wire rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the rack to cool, otherwise you run the risk of it getting stuck.
- For the eggs, heat the butter on medium heat in a skillet. Scramble the eggs gently with a pinch of salt and pepper. Once the butter is melted, add the eggs and scramble lightly. I like to continuously stir while they're cooking to keep them fluffy.
- For the dijon mayo, combine all ingredients and mix together.
- To build the sandwich, slightly toast the buns. Spread a good amount of dijon mayo on both the top and bottom half. Layer the warm eggs and cheese, then follow with maple bacon (2 pieces per sandwich - each cut in half to properly fit). Finally, add a slice of tomato on top and close off with the top half of the bun.