Apps on apps on apps. That's the vision I have for myself. While I love a full, hearty dish, I also really love eating a little bit of a bunch of different things. So, appetizers/dips/etc. are my bff. And this cheesy garlic knot pizza dip in particular is my bffaeae.
This dip is literally the dip of my dreams. Garlicky, cheesy, carby, delicious. If those words alone don't make you want to whip this up asap, I honestly don't know what would. It's pizza in appetizer form and oh what a beautiful thing that is. Also, this recipe supplies not only the dip, but also the dipping vehicle. Win win.
Whether you're going to a Super Bowl party, hosting a family get-together, or enjoying a Saturday night in with friends (and wine), this cheesy garlic knot pizza dip is a winner. If this isn't your vibe, I highly recommend this spinach artichoke dip or this creamy onion dip. Both also rockstars.
Cheesy Garlic Knot Pizza Dip
- For the garlic knots
- 1 ball pizza dough cut into 8 equal pieces
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- For the pizza dip
- 1 cup your favorite pizza sauce
- 8 oz block cream cheese room temp
- 4 oz mozzarella cheese shredded
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- Melt the ¼ cup of butter, then remove from heat and add in the parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- With the 8 pieces of pizza dough, gently roll each into a log about 6in long and tie into a knot. Place them evenly around a cast iron skillet (or round baking dish). Pour the butter mixture evenly over each.
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients for the pizza dip (except the sauce) reserving about ¼ cup of mozzarella cheese. In the center of the cast iron pan, pour the 1 cup of pizza sauce evenly on the bottom. Top with the cheese mixture, and then sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes, then remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Enjoy while warm!