Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate, please!
You can't go wrong with a brownie cookie, that's for sure. This one is perfectly chewy (but not too cakey) with just the right amount of chocolate flavor. PLUS it's topped with sea salt flakes. I highly recommend pairing of chocolate and salt . If you know, you know.
I haven't always been a chocolate girl, but recently I can't seem to get enough of brownie-eque treats. That's why these cookies are perfect because they're sort of bite-sized brownies.
Chewy Brownie Cookies
- ½ cup salted butter melted
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup flour + 2 tbsp
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Flaked sea salt optional
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a large bowl, melt the butter, and once at room temperature, combine with the egg and vanilla. Add in the granulated sugar and brown sugar - whisk until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet, and mix to combine.
- Form the dough into balls about 1 tbsp - put in the fridge for 30 minutes (minimum).
- Before baking, take the dough out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Top with sea salt flakes if desired.