A classic bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich is great, don't get me wrong - but this green goddess bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich is even better. The classic combination you love taken up a notch with the addition of a creamy, herby yogurt-based sauce and sliced avocado on an everything bagel. So delish.
- Everything bagel: This is always my go-to bagel. I love it so much. You could really serve on any kind of bagel, I just strongly recommend this one!
- Eggs: Soft scramble is my recommendation for this recipe as it makes the sandwich extra fluffy.
- Bacon: Lately I've been making my bacon in the oven - stovetop works just fine, too.
- Provolone: I've tried many different cheeses with my breakfast sandwiches. This is the one I keep going back to because you can taste it, but it's not overwhelming.
- Avocado: Delicious creamy addition. You know an avocado is ready to eat when you gently squeeze it and there's a little give, but not too much.
- Greek yogurt: This is the base of the green goddess sauce. Plain whole milk Greek yogurt is best (I like this one from Chobani).
- Herbs: A delicious combination of parsley, cilantro, chives, and dill. All my favorites!
- Garlic: Gives a little extra flavor to the sauce.
TOOLS YOU'LL NEED:
- Bread knife
- Non-stick skillet
- Rubber spatula
- Half size baking sheet (optional method for cooking bacon)
- Oven-safe cooling rack (optional method for cooking bacon)
- Food processor (optional method for making sauce)
HOW TO MAKE THIS BREAKFAST SANDWICH:
While there are a few different elements involves in making this green goddess bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich, they are all very easy and very quick!
The one that I would say takes the longest is the bacon. So start there. I cook mine in the oven at 400℉ for about 20 minutes to get it extra crispy. To cook in this method, prep your baking sheet by laying down foil (easy clean up) then lay an oven-save rack on top. Spray with non-stick spray and then lay the bacon on top. You could otherwise cook on the stovetop.
While that bakes, make the green goddess sauce. Combine the yogurt, herbs, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse to combine. You could also cut up the herbs and garlic really finely and then just mix all together in a bowl.
Next up are the eggs! Heat your non-stick skillet on medium-low heat and add 1 tbsp butter or neutral oil. To make things easy I crack the eggs right into the skillet. Take the rubber spatula and work the eggs around to scramble them. Making figure-eight motions, continuously stir around the eggs for about 5-8 minutes on this temperature until cooked through but still a little wet looking. Finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
You're ready to assemble! Grab your bagel, cut it in half. On the bottom layer, spoon 1 tbsp green goddess sauce and spread evenly. Top with 1 slice of provolone cheese, followed by the eggs. Then top with 2 strips of bacon (broken into 4 pieces), and finally the sliced avocado! Enjoy.
OTHER DELISH BREAKFAST RECIPES:
- Raspberry Almond Crumb Cake
- Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes with Blueberry Compote
- Best Ever Oatmeal
- Blueberry Challah French Toast Cups
- Fluffy Chocolate Chip Muffins
Green Goddess Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Sandwich
- 2 x everything bagels
- 6 x large eggs
- 4 x strips bacon
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 1 x avocado thinly sliced
Green goddess sauce:
- ½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 cup equal parts parsley cilantro, chives, and dill, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook your bacon per your preference - I like to bake mine at 400℉ for 20 minutes on a lined baking sheet on top of an oven-safe cooling rack (sprayed with non-stick spray).
- Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the green goddess sauce in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- If you don't have a food processor or just don't want to clean it right now, you can also chop the herbs and garlic really finely and then mix with the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Next, make the eggs (my super easy method!). In a non-stick skillet on medium-low heat add 1 tbsp butter or neutral oil, crack the eggs directly into the pan and then quickly mix around to "scramble" using a rubber spatula. Continue stirring in a figure-eight motion for about 5-8 minutes until cooked through but still looking a little wet. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To assemble - cut your bagels in half. Spread 1 tbsp green goddess sauce on the bottom of each, followed by a slice of cheese. Then top equally with the eggs, bacon, and avocado. Enjoy!