Bruschetta is one of those snack-able dishes that is widely loved and super easy to make.
There are many different variations, some not even including tomatoes, but we're keeping it classic this time. Grab some tomatoes (whichever of your choice, I personally love the bite of heirloom), red onion, garlic and basil.
It's as simple as chopping up the ingredients and mixing them all together - boom. I definitely do recommend allowing this to sit in the fridge for a few hours to let all the flavors merry together, it makes it that much tastier.
Heirloom Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 Baguette
- 1 ½ cups quartered heirloom tomatoes
- ¼ medium red onion diced (this can be adjusted based on your preference)
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 basil leaves diced
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Allow to sit in the fridge for an hour or more.
- While that is sitting, grab your baguette and slice into ½ to 1 inch pieces. Sprinkle with olive oil and toast until lightly browned.
- Place a spoonful of bruschetta on to the slice of baguette & enjoy!