A simple weeknight dinner that comes together in just about 30 minutes. Shrimp marinated in garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes, finished with a squeeze of fresh orange juice that really brings it to life. Serve with rice and a veggie for a perfect meal.
- 1 lb fresh shrimp (if frozen, bring to defrost before marinating)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp neutral oil
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed orange juice
- To serve (optional): rice, scallions, toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the shrimp, garlic, maple syrup, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Marinate 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add the shrimp and all the marinade. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until no longer translucent.
- To finish, squeeze the fresh orange juice over top. Serve with rice and sprinkled with scallions and/or toasted sesame seeds.