This raspberry almond crumb cake combines a moist, thick cake as the base and is topped with bright fresh raspberries and a cinnamon-y, almond packed, buttery crumb topping. Can't go wrong!
FOR THE CAKE:
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain, whole milk greek yogurt
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold, cubed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for serving (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and line and grease a 9x9 baking pan.
- To make the cake batter:
- In one bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, salt.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar until combined and smooth. Then mix in the yogurt, almond and vanilla extracts, and vegetable oil.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and combine (will be a thick batter).
- Pour into the batter into the prepped 9x9 pan and spread into an even layer.
- Top the batter layer with the 2 cups of fresh raspberries in an even, single layer.
- To make the crumb topping:
- Combine all topping ingredients in a bowl and work together with your hands or a pastry cutter until you have a sand-like consistency with some larger butter chunks.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Allow to cool in the pan at least 15 minutes before removing. Serve with a sprinkle of powdered sugar if desired!