These roasted potatoes with herby tahini Greek yogurt are a delicious spin on a potato salad. Combining tahini and Greek yogurt with dill, parsley, and chives, it might not be expected but it's so so good.
- Baby potatoes: I love baby potatoes, I find their texture to be so buttery and delicious, perfect for roasting.
- Whole milk Greek yogurt: I prefer whole milk yogurt, but you could certainly use a lesser-fat variety. Just make sure it's Greek yogurt!
- Tahini: The earthy flavor of tahini pairs so deliciously with the fresh herbs. Don't skip this.
- Lemon juice: Always need to balance out with some acidity. Lemon juice also brightens it up in combination with the herbs.
- Extra virgin olive oil: We use olive oil here to thin out the sauce a bit. Extra virgin olive oil is recommended but not required.
- Fresh herbs: I love the combination of dill, parsley, and chives. But if you dislike one of those, you could just remove. I wouldn't recommend swapping for a different herb in this scenario. I also wouldn't recommend using any less than a variety of 2 herbs.
HOW TO MAKE THESE ROASTED POTATOES WITH HERBY TAHINI GREEK YOGURT:
For this recipe you'll want to start with the potatoes. Quarter them lengthwise, then drizzle with about 2 tbsp olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 425℉ for 35-40 minutes, tossing half way through.
To make the sauce, simply combine all the ingredients (yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, herbs, salt and pepper) in a bowl and mix until combined. Set aside.
When the potatoes are done roasting, toss about 3-4 tbsp (or more/less based on your preference) with the potatoes. Finish with more fresh herbs if desired.
ADDITIONAL USES FOR THE HERBY TAHINI GREEK YOGURT SAUCE:
This recipe makes more of the sauce than is needed for the potatoes, so good news is that you will have extra to use throughout the week! Some thoughts on what else you can put it on:
- Use simply as a dip with some pita and fresh veggies
- Serve with salmon or chicken
- Use as a sauce for a Greek-inspired burger with some cucumbers and red onion
- Thin it out with more olive oil and lemon juice and use as a salad dressing
OTHER SIDES TO SERVE WITH THESE POTATOES:
- Spicy roasted garlic white bean dip
- Loaded vegetarian Greek-inspired pita nachos
- Lemony whipped feta dip
- Creamy spinach artichoke dip
Roasted Potatoes with Herby Tahini Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 lbs baby potatoes about 20 potatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 4 tbsp olive oil divided
- 1 cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup equal parts chopped dill parsley, and chives
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425℉. Toss the quartered potatoes with 2 tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Roast for 35-40 minutes, tossing half way through.
- To make the sauce, simply combine the Greek yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, fresh herbs, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp pepper. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are done, toss with 3-4 tbsp of the sauce (more or less based on your preference) and top with additional fresh herbs if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temp.