Baked, bursted blueberries are up there as one of my favorite things. They are so sweet, juicy, and delicious. I take almost every opportunity that arises to include them in recipes & what I eat. That's why I'm super stoked to share with you all these blueberry challah French toast cups.
Dense yet light, custardy yet airy and fluffy - a perfect brunch addition to any table. I chose challah bread for this one because I personally just love it. To be honest, you could use most breads here, but you want it to be one with substance. My next choice would likely be brioche.
These baked blueberry challah French toast cups are perfect for sharing with a crowd (perfect for holiday season entertaining), or just eating them all yourself with some fuzzy socks on. I'm not here for judgement. A splash of maple syrup is my topping of choice, but feel free to top with some powdered sugar, fresh fruit, whipped cream, etc.
If you want more blueberry things, try these homemade blueberry pop-tarts with lemon glaze. They're a real winner.
Blueberry Challah French Toast Cups
- 1 medium-sized loaf of challah bread about 5-6 cups cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 5 large eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup for serving
- Preheat your oven to 350℉.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs, milk, cream, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Whisk to combine. Add the cubed challah and ensure it's all coated and has absorbed some of the liquid mixture, but is not soggy. Then gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a well greased/lined cupcake pan, spoon about ⅓ cup of the French toast mixture into each cup.
- Bake until golden brown - about 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, powdered sugar, whipped cream, fruit, however you'd like!