I'm constantly exploring new ways to create and devour delicious pizzas. This latest creation is crazy simple yet crazy tasty - cheesy pan pizza with spicy hot honey.
This pizza is my weeknight vibe translated into a meal. It's the food equivalent of melting into your couch at the end of a long day and wrapping yourself in a fuzzy blanket.
There are a few routes you could take to make spicy hot honey. I took (and recommend) the homemade route. This route consists of simmering honey and red pepper flakes for a few minutes until the spiciness of the red pepper flakes infuses with the honey. They become one homogenous flavor and it's magical. If you don't want to deal with the extra pan, you can buy a bottle of hot honey in your local grocery store or Amazon. These here and here would be good options.
Now I know I mentioned above that this is crazy simple, but after reading through that, you feel me, right? Cheesy pan pizza with spicy hot honey for days please!
If your pizza mood continues, I'd also recommend checking out my recipe for pizza with garlic, onions & pepperoncini.
Cheesy Pan Pizza with Spicy Hot Honey
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 5 tablespoon marinara sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat your oven to 425℉.
- In a 9x13 inch pan, spread the dough to all edges/corners.
- Top with the marinara sauce followed by both cheeses - making sure to go all the way to the edges.
- Bake the pizza for about 15 minutes, until the dough is cooked through and the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- In a small skillet, heat the honey and red pepper flakes - simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the pizza is done, drizzle with the hot spicy honey to serve.