I’ve been on a real taco thing lately. I don’t discriminate against tacos - all are beautiful no matter their shape, size, or fillings. Though, I do prefer them on the spicer side and I think most of you can agree with me there.
This taco is filled with rotisserie chicken, avocado crema, quick pickled red onions (courtesy of Bon Appétit), and topped with cotija cheese, a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro. I also did added a nice dash of Cholula Hot Sauce, which is completely optional, but recommended.
In a simple few steps, you can have an easy lunch or dinner prepared in no time. And these babies BURST with flavor. Trust me.
Rotisserie Chicken Tacos with Avocado Crema
- Corn tortillas
- 1 rotisserie chicken 3-4lbs
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime in addition to the below - so two total
- Cholula hot sauce original
For quick pickled onions (follow directions on Bon Appétit):
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
For the crema:
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- juice of one lime
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon mayo
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- Follow directions on Bon Appétit for quick pickled onions
- Using a fork, shred the rotisserie chicken
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the crema and pulse until smooth and combined
- Warm up tortillas on the stovetop in a pan
- To assemble - spread some of the crema on the tortilla, top with chicken and follow with onions, crumbled cotjia cheese, chopped cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice and hot sauce (if desired).