This sweet potato quinoa burger is my absolute favorite veggie burger. It has so much flavor and so many delicious ingredients, how could it not be?
I topped it with pepper jack cheese, spicy mayo, smashed avocado and red onion. That's honestly my favorite toppings for just about any burger or sandwich, but they pair especially well with this sweet potato quinoa burger.
You could really top it with anything that you prefer, though. Cheddar cheese would be good. So would some spicy pepperoncini. This is a perfect burger that will leave you feeling so content and Honestly, there's nothing bad about this burger and I want to eat it all the time.
If you're looking for something with a little meat, try these chicken sliders.
Sweet Potato Quinoa Burger
For the burger:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 cup cooked quinoa drained
- ½ small yellow onion minced
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 burger buns
For the topping:
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- Sliced red onion
- Spicy mayo
- Preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Then transfer to a large bowl to let cool.
- When the potatoes are done, let them cool slightly, then cut them in half and scoop the insides out into the bowl with the quinoa. In the same bowl, add in the remaining burger ingredients and mix until all combined. Separate it into 4 equal parts and form burger patties.
- In a non-stick skillet (or a skillet with a little oil) heated to medium, place the burger patty (fit as many as you can) and cook on each side about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Once you've flipped to the second side, about 2 minutes in place a slice of cheese on top to allow it to melt a bit.
- Assemble the burger with spicy mayo on the bottom bun, followed by the burger with cheese, then top with smashed avocado and red onion.