This creamy roasted red pepper pasta is such a delicious, easy homemade pasta dish that has SO much flavor. With roasted garlic and onions in addition to the pepper, you get a ton of flavor with only a few ingredients. Plus it's pretty hands-off which makes it an ideal weeknight pasta dish.
KEY INGREDIENTS YOU'LL NEED FOR THIS DISH:
- Pasta: The pasta shape you use is really up to you - pick your fave!
- Red bell peppers: Of course the main ingredient. I like to take out the stem and core, then slice in half prior to baking.
- Yellow onion: Gets roasted with the pepper and brings delicious flavor to the sauce.
- Garlic: Is there really anything like roasted garlic?? No. The answer is no.
- White wine: This gets poured in with the peppers, onion, and garlic when they're roasted adding a ton of flavor to the base.
- Heavy cream: To of course make the sauce creamy.
- Vegetable stock: To thin out the sauce and make it saucy.
- Parmesan: Optional - for serving.
- Fresh basil: Also optional - for serving.
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
- Chef's knife
- Cutting board
- Baking dish
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Aluminum foil
HOW TO MAKE CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA:
As I mentioned this pasta dish is incredibly easy to make with not too many ingredients that each bring so much flavor.
- Step 1: Roast. In your baking dish, lay your halved red peppers, onions, and garlic. Drizzle with the olive oil and white wine. Bake at 450℉ for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully cover with aluminum foil to steam for 10 minutes.
- Step 2: Boil & cook pasta. Start bringing your water to a boil while the peppers steam. Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and return back to the pot.
- Step 2: Remove the pepper skins. After the peppers steam for 10 minutes, peel off as much of the skin as you can. It doesn't need to be perfect or all of it – don't stress it too much.
- Step 3: Blend. To a high-powered blender, add the peppers, onion, garlic, any juices in the baking dish, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Step 4: Finish. Pour the sauce over the pasta and mix together. Serve with parmesan and fresh basil.
CAN I USE A DIFFERENT KIND OF PEPPER?
I would recommend using only bell peppers for this recipe.
Red bell peppers are ideal, but I could see yellow or orange working well, too. The flavor of the sauce will just be a bit more mild. You could also do a mix.
HOW TO STORE AND REHEAT THIS PASTA DISH:
Store the pasta dish in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Reheat in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave) until warmed through.
CAN I ADD MEAT TO THIS ROASTED RED PEPPER PASTA?
Yes! You totally can. A few ways to do so:
- Slice up grilled chicken and serve on top/mixed in.
- Chicken cutlets served on top would be delicious.
- Ground chicken/turkey/beef would be great. Sauté It and then mix it with the finished sauce and pasta.
MORE CREAMY PASTA RECIPES:
- Perfect Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Roasted Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese
- Creamy Roasted Garlic Gnocchi with Bacon
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta Sauce with Sage Breadcrumbs