I want/need to start eating more salmon so this recipe is perfect because it's so dang delish I can't get sick of it. It has a little bit of everything - protein, veggie, and carb.
First off, this is a sheet pan dinner. Let me repeat that - sheet. pan. dinner. There's something magical about these types of meals; they're so easy to make (and clean up) and perfect for busy weeknights. That really speaks to me.
Second, the homemade herby garlicky lemon butter truly makes this dish stand out. Not only do the herbs brighten it up, but the lemon takes it to another level. For the veggie, I used asparagus, but you can sub green beans, broccoli, or any preferred veggie. Similarly, for the carb, I used baby potatoes, but you can sub rice, some pasta, etc. (however not all subs will enable this to be a sheet pan dinner).
Since the different elements have varying cooking times, you will need to put the potatoes in the oven first for about 15 minutes. Then follow with the salmon and asparagus dotted with the scrumptious herb butter.
Sheet Pan Salmon with Garlic Herb Butter
- 2 filets of salmon
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the butter:
- 1 stick room temp unsalted butter
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425℉
- Prep the salmon, potatoes and asparagus.
- Salmon - salt & pepper the two filets
- Potatoes - cut them in half and sprinkle with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Asparagus - trim the ends (typically ¼ of the way down - if you bend them, where they naturally snap is more or less the correct spot)
- Put the potatoes in the oven for 15 minutes to begin baking.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the butter and mix well.
- Once the potatoes have been in the oven for the 15 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and add the salmon and asparagus.
- Dot all of the elements with the herb butter (or just the salmon if you prefer), and return to the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes, until the salmon is cooked through.