This creamy corn and tomato pasta uses some of summer's most delicious produce and as the name suggests, is incredibly easy to throw together! Fresh, delicious flavors that come together in one skillet.
- Spaghetti: You could really use any pasta for this but I prefer spaghetti.
- Olive oil & butter: Using both olive oil and butter keeps the butter from burning.
- Cherry tomatoes: I love the way these burst which aids in creating saucy goodness. If you can't find cherry tomatoes, I would recommend grape tomatoes.
- Corn: Best if fresh, cut right off the cob, but fine if you used canned or frozen. If frozen, thaw before adding into the skillet.
- Shallot: I love shallots and have been adding them to a lot lately. A slightly more mild onion.
- Garlic: Obviously.
- White wine: You'll want to use a dry white wine for this. I would recommend something that you'd also like to drink, especially since you'll have a lot left over!
- Heavy cream: This of course is what makes the sauce creamy. You COULD skip this if need be, but it just wouldn't be creamy. I'd add a bit more butter and/or wine if this were the case.
- Parsley: Fresh is best to finish off the dish.
HOW TO MAKE THIS CREAMY CORN AND TOMATO PASTA:
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to directions while you make the sauce.
I made the sauce in a cast iron skillet, but any heavy-bottomed wide skillet will do.
On medium heat, melt the olive oil with the butter. Add in the tomatoes and allow them to cook for about 5 minutes, then add in the corn, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper. Sauté for another 8 or so minutes. The tomatoes will begin to pop and break down, you'll want to use the back of your spoon to help this process along (only after they start to soften up).
Then add the wine right in, and cook for about 5 minutes to let the alcohol cook out. Follow with the cream, and again cook for about 5 minutes for it to thicken. Put the pasta right into the sauce and toss to combine. Serve with fresh parsley (and a glass of the leftover wine if you so choose)!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH THIS DISH:
- Smashed lemony potatoes with chimichurri
- Spicy roasted garlic white bean dip
- Garlic parmesan spaghetti squash
- Delicious marinated beans
Super Easy Creamy Corn and Tomato Pasta
- 1 box spaghetti pasta
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3 corn cobs with the kernels removed
- 1 shallot diced
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh parsley chopped, to serve
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to box directions.
- In a heavy-bottomed skillet on medium heat, melt the butter with the olive oil. Add in the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 5 minutes. Then add in the garlic, corn, shallot, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for another 8 minutes until the tomatoes start to burst. Help them along with the back of a spoon. This will help form the sauce!
- Add in the white wine, and cook for 5 minutes to let the alcohol to cook out. Then add in the heavy cream and cook for an additional 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
- Add the pasta directly into the skillet and toss to combine. Serve with a sprinkle of fresh parsley.