I could eat these cheesy veggie quesadillas every day. Swear. Who couldn't when they're delicious crisp tortillas filled with gooey cheese, corn, beans, peppers, onions, roasted green chilies, and all the good spices? Weirdos, that's who.
Not only are these quesadillas loaded with flavor (thx cumin and chili powder), but they're also beyond easy to put together. I'm looking at you, weeknight dinners.
These veggie quesadillas work wonderfully as meal prep for the week as well. You could whip up a batch of the filling and keep it in the fridge all week to use as needed in a pinch.
Basically, these are a winner and you'd be crazy to not give them a try. If quesadillas aren't your thing, check out these rotisserie chicken tacos instead.
Cheesy Veggie Quesadillas
- ½ large yellow onion chopped
- ½ cup bell peppers diced (I used red, green and yellow)
- ½ cup corn I used canned, if you're using frozen, be sure to defrost first
- ½ cup black beans
- 4 oz can roasted green chiles
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil or other neutral oil
- 3 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 flour tortillas
- Pinch salt & pepper
- In a medium-sized pan on your stovetop, heat the oil on medium heat.
- Add in the onion and peppers and sauté for 5 minutes until the onions begin to soften and turn translucent.
- Then add the corn, beans, green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt & pepper. Stir to combine and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until all ingredients are heated through.
- In a non-stick skillet on medium heat, lay down one tortilla and sprinkle ¼ of the cheese from edge to edge. Top half the tortilla with ¼ of the filling mixture and let sit until the cheese starts to melt - about 3 minutes. Fold the cheese-only half over the half with the mixture and let sit for another 3 minutes until the bottom becomes golden brown, then flip for the other half to get golden brown - another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm!