I was a very picky eater as a child, which I think I’ve mentioned on here a few times. Long story short, I newly like beans, but am still coming around to all of their different varieties. Right now, I’m into the buttery variety (i.e. butter beans, cannellini, etc).
These deliciously simple marinated beans are SO incredibly flavorful with a variety of fresh herbs, shallot, garlic, red wine vinegar and olive oil. It’s as simple as that.
I prefer to serve this on top of toasted bread, but feel free to eat it straight with a fork. I did that too.
Delicious Marinated Beans
- 1 shallot diced
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 cans cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup fresh parsley dill & cilantro (combined)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine shallot and red wine vinegar. Let sit for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, finely chop the fresh herbs (parsley, dill and cilantro).
- In bowl with shallot and red wine vinegar, add beans, herbs, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
- Allow to sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving — my preference is to be served on top of toasted bread!