This recipe for Maple Soy Shrimp could not be easier or more flavorful. It's a simple weeknight dinner that comes together in 30 minutes. Shrimp marinated in garlic, soy sauce, maple syrup, and red pepper flakes, finished with a squeeze of fresh orange juice that really brings it to life. Serve with rice and a veggie for a perfect meal.
This ingredient list couldn't be shorter if it tried!
- Shrimp - fresh is best, if it's frozen defrost before marinating
- Butter & neutral oil - using both will prevent the butter from burning, while still allowing the delicious butter flavor to infuse into the dish
- Garlic - the more the merrier for garlic in my opinion
- Pure Maple Syrup - don't worry, it's not too sweet!
- Soy Sauce - I use regular soy sauce, but you could definitely use low-sodium
- Red Pepper Flakes - These give a little kick, but nothing too serious!
- Fresh Squeezed Orange - Finishing with this really brightens the dish - don't skip this one
- Rice, scallions, toasted sesame seeds to serve - you could also serve with some roasted veggies
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Medium-sized cast iron or skillet
HOW TO MAKE THESE MAPLE SOY SHRIMP:
Step 1: In a bowl, combine the shrimp, garlic, maple syrup, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes. Marinate for at least 20 minutes, up to 2 hours.
Step 2: Heat butter and oil on medium heat. Add the shrimp and all the marinade, cook about 3 minutes on each side.
Step 3: Squeeze 1 tablespoon orange juice over the shrimp once finished. Serve with rice, and a sprinkle of scallions and/or toasted sesame seeds.
OTHER EASY DINNER RECIPES:
- Perfect Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Spicy Cajun Shrimp with Rice Pilaf
- One Pot Cheesy Orzo with Tomatoes
- Creamy Pumpkin Pasta with Sage Breadcrumbs
- Spinach, Pesto & Cheese Stuffed Shells
Maple Soy Shrimp
- 1 lb fresh shrimp if frozen, bring to defrost before marinating
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- To serve optional: rice, scallions, toasted sesame seeds
- Combine the shrimp, garlic, maple syrup, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Marinate 20 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- In a skillet on medium heat, add the shrimp and all the marinade. Cook about 3 minutes on each side, until no longer translucent.
- To finish, squeeze the fresh orange juice over top. Serve with rice and sprinkled with scallions and/or toasted sesame seeds.