I think we can all agree (or at least my east-coasters) that the weather has been less than awesome recently.
But really, there's almost nothing dessert can't fix. Or if you're like me, this can be breakfast and lunch too. Or linner: the appetizer to the appetizer.
To be honest, the combination of fruit in a crisp is really up to you, do ya thang and make it your own! I went to my local market and chose what I found to be the most ripe at that moment, but you can use strawberries, cherries, raspberries, and so on.
This is the kind of dish that has something for everyone's texture preference. Velvety fruit, crunchy topping, and you can't forget the melty ice cream. Ice cream is crucial here. Personally, I almost like it a little bit more once the ice cream has melted into the fruit a little. Mmmmmm.
Plum, Peach & Blueberry Crisp
For the fruit:
- 4 plums
- 3 peaches
- 1 ½ pints of blueberries
- 2 tablespoon corn starch
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 lemon
For the crumble topping:
- 1 ½ stick room temp butter
- 1 ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ¼ cup light brown sugar packed
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat your oven to 350℉
- Cut the plums and peaches to be slices about ½ inch thick
- In a medium bowl, combine plums, peaches and blueberries with corn starch, sugar, and the zest and juice from one lemon
- Butter your baking dish, and add fruit mixture --
- Note: the size of the baking dish is up to your discretion -- if there are more than 2 or 3 layers of fruit in the dish you use, I recommend adding more baking time
- In a large bowl. combine butter, oats, brown sugar, all-purpose flour and salt
- Using your hands, mix all ingredients together until they form a crumbl-y texture
- Top the fruit with the crumble, bake, and enjoy!
- I recommend serving with a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream
Leave a Reply