Who loves all things cheesy and delicious? You? Awesome. In that case, I highly recommend reading on and adding these chicken parmesan sliders to your list of go-to recipes.
They were initially inspired by my boyfriend who loves chicken cutlets and football. That, combined with my love for cheese and bread, and these babies were born! Ideal for serving a crowd because there is such little prep and then they hang out in the oven for a bit.
That’s not to say that they can’t be repurposed and served for a weeknight meal. To do that, either use bigger buns or a sub-esque bread -- or you can also just eat a bunch of the sliders. That’s up to you.
Cheesy, saucy, cozy, delicious. One of the best parts, in my opinion, is the garlic bread topping — it takes them to a whole new level. It’s also really quick and easy to throw together because it uses pretty common pantry ingredients and minimal steps.
Chicken Parmesan Sliders
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 lbs of chicken breast - cut into approx. 2-3 inch pieces
- Slider buns - I used brioche
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- vegetable oil
For the garlic bread topping:
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- In a bowl, crack and whisk together the eggs. In a separate bowl, put the bread crumbs.
- Cut up the chicken breast into 2-3 inch pieces and dip pieces first into the egg, then the breadcrumbs and set aside.
- Once complete, heat up about ¼ inch of oil in a pan for frying — once it is hot, put in the chicken — only a few at a time, you don’t want to crowd the pan.
- While those are frying, take the brioche buns and slice an even line to separate top and bottom. Place it in a baking dish and sprinkle a bit of cheese on top — bake until melted.
- Once you have completed the chicken and the cheese is melted on the buns, you can begin assembly.
- Put a thin layer of sauce on top of the melted cheese on the buns. Then put a piece of chicken on each bun.
- Pour more sauce on top of the chicken, followed by the remaining cheese and cover with the top buns.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter, basil, parsley, oregano, garlic and parmesan cheese. Pour this mixture onto the top of the buns. Bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply