Delicious, warm spices such as cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves, topped with a sweet maple buttercream frosting combine to make this Spiced Snacking cake with Maple Buttercream. It's the perfect cold weather dessert recipe and will leave your kitchen smelling phenomenal.
A FEW INGREDIENT NOTES:
- All purpose flour: This is my go-to baking flour.
- Baking powder: The leavening of this recipe.
- Spices: Cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, and cloves make the perfect spice combination.
- Canola Oil: Any neutral oil will do.
- Eggs: Room temp is a must.
- Granulated sugar: Just classic white granulated sugar here.
- Vanilla extract: Is it even baking without vanilla extract??
- Maple buttercream: A blend of room temp unsalted butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream, maple syrup, and salt for good measure. Pure maple syrup will give you the best flavor here!
WHAT IS A SNACKING CAKE?
Simply put, a snacking cake is a single-bowl and single-layer cake that is super easy to make and very delicious. Snacking cakes are ideal especially if you are baking for fewer people, and trust me, they can be just as much of a show-stopper as multi-layer cakes!
EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPICED SNACKING CAKE WITH MAPLE BUTTERCREAM:
This recipe comes together in a few simple steps!
- Combine the wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk (either by hand or with a stand mixer) the canola oil, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the dry and wet. Add the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet and mix until just combined and no large lumps of dry remain.
- Pour into pan & bake. Prep your cake pan with parchment on the bottom and spraying all over with non-stick spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake at 350℉ for 30-35 minutes.
- Make the frosting. Using a paddle attachment in a stand mixer, beat together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream, maple syrup, and salt, until light and – about 5 minutes.
- Frost the cake. Once the cake is cooled completely, dollop the frosting on top and spread into an even layer.
OTHER DELICIOUS WARM SPICE DESSERT RECIPES:
- Easy Apple Crisp
- Maple Pecan Pie Shortbread Bars
- Triple Cinnamon Homemade Pop Tarts
- Spiced Apple Cider Loaf Cake