A good garlic bread recipe is key to have on hand and this is the only one you'll ever need. It's buttery, loaded with garlic of course, and has plenty of parsley and parmesan, too. It's an incredibly easy recipe to make and is a delicious accompaniment to almost any dish.
A FEW INGREDIENT NOTES:
Since there are so few ingredients in this recipe, they're all key!
- Bread: An Italian or French bread loaf work best.
- Butter: Always start off with unsalted so you can control the salt levels.
- Garlic: I think garlic bread should be properly loaded with garlic – this recipe calls for 5 cloves.
- Parsley: Brings a fresh flavor to the garlic bread.
- Parmesan cheese: Delicious saltiness and subtle cheesiness.
- Salt & pepper: Just a little bit of each.
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST GARLIC BREAD:
As I mentioned previously this recipe is incredibly easy and oh so satisfying. Here's how to make it:
- Step 1: Make the compound butter. In a small bowl, combine the room temperature butter, diced garlic, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Step 2: Prep the bread. Line a quarter baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice your bread lengthwise down the center. Place cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Step 3: Spread the butter & bake. Evenly spread the butter mixture on the two halves of bread. Place into a preheated 375℉ oven for 5-8 minutes, then broil for about 4-5 (make sure you watch it!). Slice & serve warm.
HOW TO STORE & REHEAT GARLIC BREAD:
I'd honestly be shocked if you didn't finish this all in one sitting. But if for some reason you have leftovers, store the garlic bread in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
To reheat garlic bread, either warm in a microwave for about 30 seconds or in a 300℉ oven for about 5-8 minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE GARLIC BREAD WITH:
- Perfect Creamy Tomato Sauce
- Creamy Tortellini Tomato and Pesto Soup
- Spinach, Pesto & Cheese Stuffed Shells
- Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna
OTHER CARBY SIDES:
The Best Garlic Bread
- 1 loaf Italian or French bread
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick - room temperature
- 5 cloves garlic diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- In a small bowl, combine the room temperature butter, diced garlic, chopped parsley, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Line a quarter baking sheet with parchment paper and slice your bread lengthwise down the center. Place it cut side up on the baking sheet.
- Evenly spread the butter mixture on the two halves of bread. Place into the oven for 5-8 minutes, then broil for about 4-5 (make sure you watch it, it can burn quickly).
- Slice & serve warm.