I'm a huge onion gal and recently I've honestly been going through one jar a week of the French Onion dip from Lays. This is alarmingly unhealthy, so I decided to create an onion dip recipe of my own that way I know exactly what ingredients I'm obsessively putting into my body.
This dip is perfectly tangy and creamy with just the right amount of onion. I highly recommend using Ruffles (baked or regular) as your vehicle for dipping.
While this recipe requires a little bit of cooking as opposed to just throwing some ingredients together in a bowl for your typical dip, it's still insanely simple and worth the wait. You'll see 🙂
Creamy Onion Dip
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon diced chives + additional for serving
- 2 tablespoon neutral oil I used canola
- Pinch of pepper
- Dice the onion and chives.
- Warm the oil in a pan on medium heat -- sauté the onion with the salt and a pinch of pepper until translucent and slightly browned, about 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool to room temperature.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and mix to combine. Set in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, then serve with a sprinkle of diced chives.