I have been searching high and low in grocery stores for my go-to granola recipe, and after a few years I called it quits and decided to make my own! Best decision I've made in a while. Unlike many (or so I'm lead to believe based on the store-bought options) I prefer my granola pretty even on the oats to nuts ratio. Feel free to adjust this recipe based on your personal taste!
I love this granola combo because I find it to be the perfect blend of crunchy, salty and sweet. But I'm not bias, swear. Feel free to add in some dried fruit too! But if you are doing so, wait until after the baking/cooling process.
I recommend sprinkling on yogurt, in milk, on ice cream, etc. etc. DIG IN & ENJOY!
- 2 cups of nuts I used almonds, pecans and pumpkin seeds
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar loose, not packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Hefty pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Add nuts and oats to one bowl
- In another bowl, add oil, syrup, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt to another bowl
- Combine both bowls and stir until all oats and nuts are evenly covered by the liquid
- Pour mixture onto a lined baking sheet, ensuring that there is only about one layer (bake in two rounds if there is too much for your baking sheet)
- Bake for about 15 minutes, mix, and finish baking for the remaining 10 minutes until the oats are golden.
- Allow to cool completely before storing