Appetizers, appetizers, appetizers. They're perfect because you can eat a little bit of a bunch of different dishes, which is exactly the way I like to eat. Specifically, these everything chicks in a blanket are ideal.
That's because you can have them at just about any get-together, any time of day. They're easily breakfast-y due to the everything bagel seasoning, lunch-y because they're similar to hot dogs, and dinner-y, well, for the same reason.
For these in particular, I used the Smoked Apple Chardonnay chicken sausage from Trader Joe's. If you want to spice it up (literally and figuratively) you could use the Spicy Italian or Spicy Jalapeño. If you want to keep it a bit more classic you could use the Garlic & Herb. Those are specific Trader Joe's flavors, but they're relatively universal.
Anyway, these everything chicks in a blanket are great. They taste great, are super easy to make, and totally flavorful. No reason to not give them a try!
Everything Chicks in a Blanket
- 1 package crescent roll dough
- 12 oz pre-cooked chicken sausage cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 - 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375℉.
- Unroll the crescent dough, and cut each triangle into three thinner triangles.
- Wrap the dough around the outside of each piece of chicken sausage, and then roll the outside/edges in everything bagel seasoning until coated.
- Place on a large parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with mustard/ketchup.