This baked ricotta recipe is taken up a notch with the addition of delicious roasted garlic – making it roasted garlic baked ricotta dip. Yes, a whole head of roasted garlic. It sounds like a lot, but adds such delicious flavor. And the roasted garlic paired with the bright lemon makes this a ricotta appetizer you'll never want to stop dipping crusty bread into.
- Ricotta cheese: Deliciously creamy, especially when baked. Whole milk ricotta cheese is best.
- Parmesan cheese: The addition of parmesan cheese adds a great salty cheese flavor which is great paired with the more mild ricotta cheese.
- Garlic: A whole head of roasted garlic really makes this dip addicting.
- Lemon zest: Just a little bit of lemon zest brings some freshness.
- Shallot: Grating a shallot into the dip gives it great flavor without chunks of shallot.
- Red pepper flakes: A little spice. Totally optional.
- Fresh rosemary: Similar to the lemon zest – rosemary pairs great with ricotta cheese for some fresh herby flavor.
KITCHEN ITEMS YOU'LL NEED:
- Medium-sized bowl
- Small baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Fine grater / zester
- 6" baking dish
HOW TO MAKE ROASTED GARLIC BAKED RICOTTA DIP:
- Step 1: Roast the garlic. Cut about 1-½" off the top of the head of the garlic to expose the cloves. Place in aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil. Bake in a 400℉ oven for 45 minutes.
- Step 2: Combine all ingredients. In a medium-sized bowl, squeeze the roasted garlic out of the head and mash it a bit with the spoon. Add in the ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, grated lemon zest, grated shallot, red pepper flakes, chopped rosemary, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Step 3: Bake. Spoon the roasted garlic ricotta mixture into your oven-safe baking dish. Bake at 425℉ for 20-25 minutes until slightly bubbly and golden on the edges. Serve with crusty bread and crackers.
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS FOR BAKED RICOTTA DIP:
I'm a purest when it comes to this recipe because I find it to be delicious as is, but if you want to add a topping here are a few that I think would be delicious:
- Chopped pecans
- A drizzle of honey
- Crumbled bacon
- Fresh parsley
MORE DELICIOUS DIP RECIPES:
- Spicy Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip
- Cheesy Garlic Knot Pizza Dip
- Lemony Whipped Feta Dip
- Creamy Spinach Artichoke Dip