Breakfast tacos deserve more love. They are a warm blanket that wrap around all the best that breakfast has to offer. What could be better?
I feel like I've mentioned that breakfast is my favorite meal of the day - if I haven't, well, it is. I crave bacon and potatoes more than anything else these days. That's why these breakfast tacos are perfect; they combine all of the best breakfast items into one warm taco pocket.
Piled into these beauties is eggs, cheddar cheese, bacon, and potatoes. They're then sprinkled with chopped chives, and if you please, topped with avocado and salsa as well. That may sound like some pretty straight-forward ingredients, but they're top-notch and even better in taco form.
If you're more of a sausage person, you could definitely swap that out for the bacon. You can also use whatever cheese you want, but I definitely recommend cheddar here because it's able to stand up to all the other flavors.
Ultimate Breakfast Tacos
- 4 flour tortillas
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 medium russet potatoes - diced into about ½ - 1 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- For serving: chopped chives avocado, and salsa
- In a skillet, add the four strips of bacon and then turn on to medium heat. Cook bacon until crispy on both sides, about 6-10 minutes. Once the bacon is done cooking, break it into about 1 inch pieces.
- In the same skillet on medium heat (leave the bacon fat in) add the potatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook until fork-tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, crack and mix the eggs until the yolk and white become one mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet (remove any left over fat if there is still some from the bacon), add the tablespoon butter. Once that is melted, add in the eggs. About two minutes in, add in the shredded cheddar. Stir the eggs continuously while they're cooking, this will yield super fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Using a separate, smaller pan, heat up the tortillas on medium heat.
- Once all elements are done cooking, build the tacos! First, put down the cheesy eggs, then follow with the potatoes, then bacon on top. Serve with chopped chives, avocado and salsa.