BACON. Bacon. Bacon.
Where are all my bacon lovers at?
My classic weekend breakfast contains bacon, eggs and cheese in some way, shape, or form. Usually, I do a classic sandwich, of course. But every now and then I like to spice it up. This weekend, it’s in cup form.
Not only is this SUPER simple to put together, but it’s also great if you’re on the go or if you’re serving brunch for a crowd. You can put it in the oven and step away for a bit. Who doesn’t love that? You can also swap in a different type of meat if you prefer. Or you can go meatless and top with some mushrooms if that’s your style.
I used mozzarella cheese for mine, but that’s just because it’s a personal favorite. Some others that I think work nicely are cheddar, gruyere, and provolone.
Once you pull them out of the oven, don’t forget to top with some chopped chives. It’s key.
Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Cups
- 1 package of puff pastry sheets 2 sheets
- 1 package of bacon
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chives
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Cut room temperature puff pastry into 12 squares (6 squares per sheet).
- Cook the bacon a few minutes on each side, until crispy. I personally use a pan rather than the oven.
- Grease a cupcake tray and place puff pastry in, forming a cup.
- In each cup, layer a pinch of cheese, crack an egg, and sprinkle of bacon, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and let cook for about 20-25 minutes, until the puff pastry is golden brown and cooked all the way through.
- Serve topped with chopped chives