This week, I'm serving you more pasta than one person should eat alone, so grab your father, best friend, or significant other and keep on reading.
These turkey meatballs are a staple in my fridge. I make them more often than just about anything, because they're so simple and so tasty! You can also swap in chicken of course, but I usually just use whatever looks better at the grocery store.
Everyone has their misc. ingredient they add into meatballs to make sure they're extra moist and delicious. Mine is sour cream. But don't fret, it doesn't taste like sour cream! My boyfriend David HATES sour cream, and I told him after the fact that it's in here and he couldn't even tell!
These are the most spectacularly moist meatballs I've ever made, and they have plenty of flavor, but not too much to the point where it competes with the sauce. Perfect for reheating too because they stay moist and delicious. Make all your co-workers jealous with these bad boys.
This recipe calls for fresh parsley, but to be honest, if you only have/don't want to purchase fresh parsley, dried works just as well.
I hope you enjoy this weeknight or date night meal!
Baked Mini Turkey Meatballs in a Creamy Tomato Sauce with Pasta
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup minced onion
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- ½ cup panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cream
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 box pasta shape of your choice
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Cook the pasta to box directions (I recommend al-dente).
- In a medium size bowl, add milk and bread crumbs, let sit a few minutes until the bread crumbs have absorbed most of the milk.
- Once absorbed, add in the turkey, egg, onion, sour cream, garlic powder, parsley, oregano, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop (or two spoons) add make meatballs the size of approx. 1 ½ tablespoons.
- Put in the oven and cook for 25 minutes, flipping half way.
- In the pot you are using to cook (or heat) the tomato sauce, add heavy cream and combine.
- In the same pot, add meatballs and pasta with a hint of pasta water.
- Once combined, sprinkle on some extra parsley & parmesan cheese if you'd like.
Leave a Reply