I absolutely love breakfast. Of all the breakfast options, I usually gravitate towards pancakes (even for dinner). I love that there are so many flavor combinations you can make to continuously switch it up.
Today, I am sharing with you delicious and decadent, classic chocolate chip pancakes. They're perfectly fluffy and the ratio of chocolate to batter is beyond ideal. Also, with the addition of chocolate chips, this can also count as dessert if you're imaginative, so yay another excuse to eat pancakes!
If you're someone that doesn't stray away from box mix because you think making pancakes from scratch is too complicated, fear not, it's simpler than you think! With just a few ingredients you can have amazing homemade pancakes.
You'll surely impress whoever you make these for - give it a go!
Perfect Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoon melted butter brought to room temp
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup Nestle semi-sweet morsels
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder - give it a little mix.
- In a medium bow, combine the granulated sugar, vanilla, egg, melted butter, and milk - whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry, whisking until fully combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick pan or griddle to medium, and using a ¼ cup for sizing, pour batter. When you see bubbles appear and pop on the top, you know it's time to flip (typically a few minutes). Continue until you've used all the batter.
- Serve with maple syrup!