This spicy roasted garlic white bean dip is officially in my top 5 dips of all time. It combines bold roasted garlic, buttery cannellini beans, and spicy Calabrian chili peppers for a smooth, bright, delicious dip with a kick. Perfect with any kind of dipper - crackers, bread, veggies, and so on. Even a great accompaniment to a charcuterie board!
- Cannellini beans: These are my go-to beans because of how nice and smooth their flavor (and texture!) is, and their buttery texture. I wouldn't advise swapping for anything else for this recipe.
- Calabrian chilis: If you haven't tried these yet, now is the time! Packed with flavor and heat. They typically come whole in a jar packed with oil. Just make sure you cut the stem off before using.
- Garlic: Roasted garlic is most certainly one of the best things in the world. So easy to make and has so much flavor. This recipe calls for one full bulb.
- Rosemary: Fresh is best!
- Lemon juice: Helps balance this dip out and brings some brightness.
- Extra virgin olive oil: To bring the dip together, my preference is to use a good extra virgin olive oil. If you only have regular olive oil that will work just fine as well.
- Olive oil: For drizzling onto the garlic before roasting - you can use a plain olive oil or even a neutral oil.
HOW TO MAKE THIS SPICY ROASTED GARLIC WHITE BEAN DIP:
Making this dip is fairly simple and straightforward.
First prep for roasting the garlic - preheat your oven to 400℉ and grab a piece of aluminum foil about 6 inches x 6 inches. Cut the top off of the bulb of garlic just enough so that the tops of each clove are showing (about ¼ of the way down). If not every single clove is exposed, that's fine, it doesn't need to be perfect! Place it on the center of the parchment, sprinkle with olive or neutral oil, wrap up the foil around the bulb and place it on a small baking sheet. Bake for 40-50 minutes.
When the garlic is just about done, prep your other ingredients and put them directly into the food processor - drain and rinse your cannellini beans, lightly chop the rosemary, squeeze the lemon, and remove the stem of one Calabrian chili (no need to chop this first).
Once the garlic is done roasting, carefully squeeze the bulb right into the food processor with the other ingredients (the cloves should slide right out). Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, and olive oil. Pulse until all combined and smooth. Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies!
MORE DIPS TO CHECK OUT:
Spicy Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip
- 1 bulb garlic + olive oil or neutral oil for drizzling
- 2 cans cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Calabrian chili in oil stem removed
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 3 tsp lemon juice about ½ a lemon
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400℉. Cut ¼ off the top of the bulb of garlic so the cloves are exposed. Put about 6" square aluminum foil on a small baking sheet. Place the garlic in the center and drizzle with olive or a neutral oil. Wrap the foil around it, and roast for 40-50 minutes.
- When the garlic is almost done roasting, grab your food processor. Add in the drained and rinsed beans, chili (with stem removed), rosemary, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Then carefully squeeze in the roasted garlic once done - it should slide right out!
- Pulse until well combined and smooth. Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies!