You seriously can't go wrong with vegetarian nachos. These are made right on one sheet pan to melt the cheese perfectly, and topped with all the best nacho toppings - black beans, corn, tomatoes, red onion, jalapeño, avocado, and plenty of lime juice. A great recipe for an easy sharable dinner or game day.
- Tortilla chips: Corn tortilla chips are definitely preferable here but use what you have or what you love!
- Monterey jack cheese: I find this to be the perfect melting cheese with just enough flavor but not overpowering for the toppings. Freshly grated is best but you could buy it pre-shredded if need be. You could also use a Mexican blend cheese if you like that.
- Toppings: Plenty of room for flexibility here, but my favorite (and recommended) toppings for completely loaded vegetarian nachos are:
- Black beans (drained and rinsed)
- Corn (a can, drained and rinsed - fresh off the cob - or defrosted from frozen)
- Diced roma tomato
- Diced red onion
- Sliced jalapeño
- Sliced avocado
- Fresh cilantro
- Sour cream
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
This recipe calls for very few kitchen items. You'll only need:
- Half-size sheet pan
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Coarse grater (if you need to grate your cheese)
- Fine mesh strainer
HOW TO MAKE VEGETARIAN NACHOS:
Nachos might just be one of the easiest recipes to make. Simply melt the cheese, and top with all the best toppings.
- Step 1: Cheese, beans, and corn. On your sheet pan, lay down half the chips, cheese, beans and corn. Then follow with the second half of each. Bake at 400℉ for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Step 2: Toppings. Once you take the nachos out of the oven, top with your favorite toppings! I used chopped tomatoes, red onion, sliced jalapeño, sliced avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and limes. Serve right away!
MORE WAYS TO PREPARE NACHOS:
OTHER SHAREABLE & GAME DAY FOODS:
- Everything Chicks in a Blanket
- Cheesy Garlic Knot Pizza Dip
- The Best Garlic Bread
- Tomato Confit Whipped Ricotta Toasts
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- ½ bag corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 roma tomato
- ½ small red onion diced
- 1-2 jalapeños sliced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 1 avocavo sliced
- Fresh cilantro
- Preheat your oven to 400℉.
- On your sheet pan, lay down half the chips, half the cheese, and half the beans and corn. Then follow with the second half of each. Bake 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Once you take the nachos out of the oven, top with the tomatoes, red onion, sliced jalapeño, sliced avocado, sour cream, cilantro, and limes.
- Serve right away!