If you're like me during the fall and love to stock up on apples and then suddenly don't know what to do with all of them, this easy apple crisp recipe is for you. This apple crisp recipe has perfectly tender pieces of apple with cinnamon and a delicious oat-based crisp topping that gets so beautifully golden. Top with vanilla ice cream, always.
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS CRISP RECIPE:
- Granny smith apples
- Lemon juice
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Old fashioned oats
- All-purpose flour
- Unsalted butter
KITCHEN EQUIPMENT YOU'LL NEED:
HOW TO MAKE THIS APPLE CRISP:
- Step 1: Peel and cut your apples into 1" pieces. Combine them in a bowl with cinnamon, lemon juice, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Step 2: In a separate bowl, combine the light brown sugar, old fashioned oats, all-purpose flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Gently stir to combine.
- Step 3: Cube your butter and add to the oat mixture. Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, work the butter into the mixture to get coarse pieces.
- Step 4: Pour your apple mixture into your baking dish and top with the oat crisp topping. I like to squeeze the topping together as I pour it down so that I get some larger chunks.
- Step 5: Bake at 350℉ for 35-45 minutes, until the top is nicely golden brown. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
OTHER FALL TREATS:
- Maple Pumpkin Bread
- Spiced Apple Cider Loaf Cake
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cookies
- Cinnamon Swirl Streusel Loaf Cake